Bank Station Capacity Upgrade
Bank Station, in the centre of the city of London, is the fourth most congested interchange within the Underground network.
The project will provide a significant increase of Bank Station’s capacity by reducing journey times between lines, improving emergency evacuation times and creating step-free access.
VVB completed all the project works after a 17-week planned closure, with the Bank branch of the Northern line reopening on schedule.
Works to the whole block worksite include the platform for the Northern line that will reduce interchange times and create more space for passengers. VVB worked collaboratively with the team to successfully hand over first possession works three weeks ahead of programme and £10k under budget. All Operational areas have now been signed off between VVB and London Underground, with all NOWRIS completed and ready for operational use on 16 May 2022.
This is the second major milestone achievement by VVB on the project, after power in July 2021, and the first for operational areas being brought into use on the project. VVB subsequently moved on to completing the Ticket Hall.
THE SCOPE OF VVB’S TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT WORKS INCLUDED:
- Full permanent electrical installation, comprising the new LV distribution system and lighting installation to all areas within the station under full modernisation
- All permanent lighting on the concourse, tunnel and cross passage lighting
- Small power and wayfinding signage power etc with all works areas and associated switchrooms
- Full testing and commissioning
VVB’S TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT WORKS INCLUDED:
- Relocation and diversion of existing electrical systems
- Relocation and diversion of temporary HV and LV distribution
- Diversion and redesign of existing station lighting, plus temporary lighting
- Cable management system
- Alteration of existing HVAC and fire detection systems
- Temporary cranes
- Ventilation and turn-table
- Diversion of main CMS routes, pumps and drainage, and other third-party assets
- Isolations, decommissioning works, and demolitions
Bond Street Station Upgrade
VVB provided a full M&E Enabling and Tunnelling package throughout the project to improve capacity, cooling and fire safety.Read more
Farringdon Station Upgrade
VVB provided a full M&E installation package including management of third-party PFIs, Infracos and asset maintainers.Read more