The Dartford - Thurrock River Crossing is one of Europe’s most heavily used crossings and has complex traffic management systems.
Sitting on the A282, spanning the Thames between Dartford and Thurrock, the crossing forms a vital link to the M25, Britain’s most important orbital road, and part of National Highways Strategic Road Network (SRN).
The facility comprises two two-lane tunnels (each of approximately 1500m in length) carrying traffic to the north and a four-lane cable-stayed bridge (the QE2 Bridge) carrying traffic to the south.
Working with ConnectPlus services, VVB’s scope of works relates to the design and installation of all telecommunications and electrical services for the integration of a video management system (VMS) at the Dartford Crossing, along with supporting IP infrastructure and renewal of 116 No. CCTV cameras with the provision of spare capacity to install additional cameras.
VVB’S TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT WORKS INCLUDED:
- Design and design verification
- Planning and project management
- Mechanical, electrical and system installation of the new equipment
- Decommissioning of existing CCTV equipment and cameras
- Procurement of equipment
- Commissioning and site testing
- Health & Safety file
- Training for all new equipment
THE SCOPE OF TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT WORKS INCLUDED:
- Replacement of 88 traffic and security cameras with ONVIF Profile S compliant cameras
- Installation of five new cameras including poles, mounts and feeds
- Site-wide IP infrastructure to support the new cameras and other applications such as VoIP telephony and automation subsystems
- Installation of a single, digital video management system (VMS) integrating the 88 new traffic and security cameras
- Installation of 42 traffic management cell cameras connecting into the video matrix via NRTS, the separate 17 ventilation building security cameras, the 69 Incident Detection System (IDS) cameras and the 5 new cameras
- The VMS includes video recording compliant with ONVIF Profile G
- Full factory acceptance test (FAT) to test all equipment prior to installation, which reduced site testing and commissioning as switches and cameras were pre-addressed and programmed
- Product approval certificate (PAC) for traffic cameras to be used in tunnel
Experience and expertise under our belt
We deliver mechanical, electrical, telecommunication, temporaries and fire engineering services for large-scale infrastructure projects, powered entirely by our own people, skills and industry know-how.View all projects