Beddington to Rowdown
The Beddington to Rowdown cable replacement project will install a new cable in an existing National Grid tunnel, along with providing more efficient ventilation and control systems in each of the tunnel's headhouses, to keep the cable cool.
Working for end user National Grid, through Principal Contractor, Murphy & Son, VVB is involved in the design, installation and commissioning of all Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) systems for the Beddington to Rowdown cable replacement works in Croydon.
VVB’s scope extends to:
- The remediation and upgrade of the main tunnel ventilation cooling systems, including fan and attenuation.
- Upgrade of the LVAC and Variable Speed Drive upgrades
- Replacement of tunnel rescue equipment and a shaft access hatch
- Lighting and cable management system replacement
- VVB will also undertake replacement of the Tunnel Ventilation Control and Monitoring Equipment (Tunnel SCADA)
- VVB commissioning all LVAC systems to a VVB/NG developed National Grid TP106 commissioning procedure
- Full training of National Grid staff in the operation and maintenance of installed systems
VVB will also undertake the replacement of the Tunnel Ventilation Control and Monitoring Equipment (Tunnel SCADA).
As part of the handover of the project, VVB will provide full training to National Grid staff in the operation and maintenance of installed systems.
Experience and expertise under our belt
We deliver mechanical, electrical, telecommunication, temporaries and fire engineering services for large-scale infrastructure projects, powered entirely by our own people, skills and industry know-how.View all projects